October 7, 2009
Psychopaths lack empathy and guilt, are egocentric and impulsive, and do not conform to social, moral and legal norms. Psychopaths often follow a distinct set of rules in which they have created for themselves rather than following social norms set in place by society. They may appear to be quite normal and often even charming, a state of adaptation that psychiatrist Hervey Cleckley named the “mask of sanity”.
Does that describe Hitler? Well I think it’s possible. I choose these quotes out of the vastness to show how he believed in himself as utterly moral and the others for their chilling likeness to what conspiracy theorists are telling us is happening now.
I. I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.
2.How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don’t think.
3. Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice.
4. I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature.
5. Universal education is the most corroding and disintegrating poison that liberalism has ever invented for its own destruction.
6. The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.
7. Sooner will a camel pass through a needle’s eye than a great man be “discovered” by an election.
8. All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.
9. Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.”
10. The leader of genius must have the ability to make opponents appear as if they belonged to one category.
11. The art of leadership consists in consolidating the attention of the people against a single adversary and taking care that nothing will split that up.
12. And I can fight only for something that I love, love only what I respect, and respect only what I at least know.
13. It matters not whether these weapons of ours are humane: if they gain us our freedom, they are justified before our conscience and before our God.
14. I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few.
15. Great liars are also great magicians.