October 8, 2009
I’m not at the stage, as it were, of believing that there are UFO’s with alien crews at the steering wheel, nibbling a sandwich whilst heading to Earth on a mission to study us. But there’s a lot of room out there and a lot of unexplained phenomena, so who really knows – all we need is a really good photo…
1) “On two of my missions and I still don’t have an answer, um I have seen a snake out there 6,7,8 feet long it is rubbery because it has internal waves in it & it follows you for a rather long period of time. The more you fly in space the more you see an incredible amount of things out there and that sort of brings to you really a certainty that other living creatures are out there. Some incredibly primitive, some just proteins coming together amino acids and single cell organisms and other civilisations have been around for millions of years that are doing unimaginable kinds of things.” [from an interview on disclose.tv]
Dr Story Musgrave A veteran of six space flights, Musgrave has spent a total of 1281 hours 59 minutes, 22 seconds in space the last one being in 1996.
2) “There was something out there that, uh, was close enough to be observed and what could it be? Mike (Collins) decided he thought he could see it in the telescope and he was able to do that and when it was in one position, that had a series of ellipses, but when you made it real sharp it was sort of L shaped. That didn’t tell us very much.”
Buzz Aldrin talking about the UFO which the crew of Apollo 11 saw in 1969 on their way to the moon. At the time they didn’t say anything direct to mission control but just asked them where a part of the rocket they had jettisoned 2 days earlier was, they were told 6000 miles away. Aldrin later stated that he didn’t think this was anything alien or extraterrestrial but that it was the detached panel.
3) “Mission control, we have an unidentified flying object pacing our position, request instructions.”
Cady [Catherine] Coleman NASA transmission, shuttle mission STS-73 1995. This was her first mission [of 2] and lasted for 16 days
4) “We were drifting in space with the control engines shut down and all the instrumentation off when suddenly an object appeared in the window. It had a very definite shape – like a beer can with an arm sticking out. I don’t know whether it was a very small object up close or a very large object a long way away. There was nothing to judge by. I really don’t know how big it was. We had two cameras that were just floating in the spacecraft at the time, so I grabbed one and took a picture of the object and grabbed the other and took a picture. Then I turned on the rocket control systems because I was afraid we might hit it…..”
“The film was sent back to NASA and reviewed by some NASA film technicians. One of them selected what he thought was what we talked about, at least before I had a chance to review it. It was not the picture — it was a picture of a sun reflection on the window.” “I reviewed the file myself a week or so later, frame by frame, and there was never anything that I saw in the pictures that looked like what I saw in space. The cameras were not set properly or the lighting wasn’t right or something.”
Brigadier Gen. James Mc Divitt Gemini 4 – 1964
5) “It followed us during half of our orbit. We observed it on the light side, and when we entered the shadow side, it disappeared completely. It was an engineered structure, made from some type of metal, approximately 40 meters long with inner hulls. The object was narrow here and wider here, and inside there were openings. Some places had projections like small wings. The object stayed very close to us. We photographed it, and our photos showed it to be 23 to 28 meters away”. From disclose.tv
The film was later confiscated and on their debriefing the cosmonauts were told never to reveal what they knew.
Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev explaining what they saw during their journey from Star City to the Solyut Space Station in 1979.
6) “I was testing a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis when I spotted this object. I was at about 10,000 feet on a nice, bright, sunny afternoon. I thought the object was a kite, then I realized that no kite is gonna fly that high.” As I got closer it looked like a weather balloon, gray and about three feet in diameter. But as soon as I got behind the darn thing it didn’t look like a balloon anymore. It looked like a saucer, a disk. About the same time, I realized that it was suddenly going away from me — and there I was, running at about 300 miles per hour. I tracked it for a little way, and then all of a sudden the damn thing just took off. It pulled about a 45 degree climbing turn and accelerated and just flat disappeared.”
Mercury Astronaut Capt. Donald Slayton, revealed in an interview in 1951
7) “On one occasion, I saw some strange vehicles that we assumed were UFO’s….flights of fighters flying by in the same sort of formation we flew, moving east to west….just like saucers they were metallic looking, but we couldn’t really get close enough to see more than that….they were flying higher and faster than we could go.
Mercury 9 & Gemini 5 Astronaut Gordon Cooper talking about a UFO encounter that occurred over Germany in 1951, the US Air Force scrambled its pilots including Cooper to go after the aircraft.
8) “…but then this something started to move downwards. When it flew away it attracted all our attention. It looked like it was rotating….I don’t think it was a piece of space junk or debris. There is a lot of that in the Earth orbit – but our space surveillance locates them, and according to them there was nothing…”
Cosmonaut Musa Manarov Talking about the MIR docking mission in1991
9) Jerry was on the MIR Russian space station for 5 months and was asked had he seen any UFO’s he replied “I have been asked that question so many times. In five months in space, I have seen unidentified flying objects for sure. Sometimes I looked out the window and I could see a metallic thing like a spoon flying methodically. The biggest problem in space is that it is very hard to judge distance. It could have been a spoon or a spaceship thousands of miles away. Let me tell you one thing, I have never heard someone knock at the door and say – Hey Jerry let me in.”
Dr Jerry Linenberger 1997 flight Space Shuttle Atlantis
10) “There spread out as far as I could see were literally thousands of tiny luminous objects that glowed in the black skies like fireflies. I was riding slowly through them, and the sensation was like walking backwards through a pasture where someone had waved a wand and made all the fireflies stop right where they were and glow steadily.”
It was later discovered that these fireflies were ice particles and bits of paint coming off of the spacecraft.
John Glen the first American to orbit the Earth in 1962